(This page is for silicone items specifically)
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (or CPSC) requires that third party testing be completed on all items that are to be sold for the purpose of teether or chewing (basically put in baby or small child's mouth). It is illegal for items for children under 3 years old that will used for teething to be sold without this testing certification.
As a mom of 7 safety is a primary concern for me and my children and of course for your children too! All of our items that require testing are tested and certified.
We have some silicone products that do not require the same testing but rest assured EVERY SILICONE item whether ready-made or hand-made by me they are all free from:
- 100% FDA approved food grade silicone
- BPA free
- Lead free
- PVC free
- Phthalates free
- Mercury free
- Nitrosamine free
- FDA, SGC, & LFGB approved
Even with all these safety measures taken please remember:
- All items should be used under supervision only
- Inspect items before each use for defects and flaws. Discontinue use upon finding any issues.
- For silicone ONLY items they are top shelf dishwasher safe and freezer safe.
- Wood items are NOT safe to soak, dishwasher or freeze, this can cause the wood to dry out, crack and/or splinter
- Wash by hand in soapy water
- Air dry
- DO NOT SOAK
- Rub vegetable oil or beeswax to dry wood pieces when/if they become dried out.
- With normal use teething items should last a minimum of 4-6 months.
- With heavy use teething items may breakdown sooner so always inspect items.